LSH010 breakfast: The Amazing Possibilities Of Healtcare In The Metaverse
Date: Thursday, the 1st of December 2022
Location: De Doelen, Rotterdam
Time plenary session: 8:00 – 9:00 am
Door open from: 07:30 am
Thursday morning, the 1st of December, the LSH010 Innovation Breakfast is present as a guest at the Immersive Tech Week 2022 in De Doelen! This morning’s theme: The Amazing Possibilities of the Metaverse.
What is the Metaverse and what opportunities does the Metaverse offer the health and welfare sector? What is already happening in the Metaverse and what can you do with it in Rotterdam?
After the LSH010 Innovation Breakfast, you can continue to meet (at a heavily reduced rate) with all kinds of VR, AR and Metaverse companies participating in the Immersive Tech Week 2022 in De Doelen. On December 1st, the whole day will be about healthcare (with speakers like Diederik Gommers!). More information can be found under the program on this page.
08.05: KEYNOTE – METAVERSE
The Amazing Possibilities of the Metaverse
08.25 – Pitch Round I
Theme: Improving Quality of Life and Work
VR to Fight Burnout
Jose Ferrer Costa
Main Researcher and Digital Content Developer
08.30: TALK SHOW – LSH010 INNOVATIVE CASE: REHABILITATION IN THE METAVERSE
Virtual Reality Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (VR-CGT) in CVA patients – LSH010 Case from Rijndam Revalidatie.
08.48: PITCH ROUND DEEL II
Theme: Diversity of VR applications in healthcare
Cofounder & CEO
08.50: LSH010 HIGHLIGHTS
National Care Innovation Award 2023 – Medical Delta – Lian van Amerongen
Apply now for the National Care Innovation Award 2023! From Tuesday, the 15th of November 2022 (12:00) to Wednesday, the 4th of January 2023 (12:00), all entrepreneurs in the Netherlands have the chance to apply for the award for the most innovative LSH company in the scale-up phase! Medical Delta is again hosting the regional preliminary round in Zuid- Holland.
Lian van Amerongen
Innovation manager Medical Delta
Easily accessible and understandable information for people with diabetes through app – Arjen Huizinga
Founder – MiGuide
09.00: WRAP UP…CONTINUE BREAKFAST & NETWORKING!
10.00: VISIT THE VR PLAYGROUND AND EXPERIENCE THE METAVERSE FOR YOURSELF!
Including Rijndam Revalidatie and ClevR. Experience yourself if you can apply these innovations within your organisation!
XR’s use in healthcare
XR’s use in healthcare is on the rise, from the operating room to medical classrooms, from pain management to mental health. This also means that hospitals are now setting up special departments to deal with XR. In this session we bring together different health professionals to discuss the best ways to bring XR into a hospital setting.
- Michel van Genderen (moderator), Attending intensivist specialised advanced analytics & Extended Reality, Co-founder Datahub Erasmus MC
10:00-10:30 XR in Healthcare – why and how
- Skip Rizzo, Research Director at USC Institute for Creative Technologies for Medical Virtual Reality
- Diederik Gommers, Professor Intensive Care Medicine at Erasmus MC / Chair Dutch society of Intensive Care NVIC
10:30-11:15 Case studies
- Amir-Hossein Sadeghi MD, PhD, Cardio-thoracic Surgery Resident Erasmus MC, Co-inventor PulmoVR and CardioVR, virtual reality surgical planning tools for lung and heart surgery. PulmoVR is a virtual reality and artifical intelligence based tool that provides thoracic surgeons 3D and realistic views of their patients’ specific anatomy.
- Robbert Brouwer, Healthcare Entrepreneur at SyncVR Medical, Europe’s largest XR healthcare platform active in 7 countries. He will talk about VR to improve healthcare
- Hans Vlake BSc, PhD student Erasmus MC and working at Franciscus Gasthuis & Vlietland. He will present Innovative ways to improve outcome after ICU treatment.
- Lonneke Staals MD PhD, Head of the Department of Pediatric and Obstetric Anesthesiology, Sophia Children’s Hospital, Erasmus MC. She will present the use of Virtual Reality in pediatrics.
11:15-11:30 VR in Healthcare Guidelines – Call to action
Over the last few years an international consortium of scientists & healthcare professionals have cooperated to develop a set of guidelines for the use of VR in a health setting. What are the guidelines and how can you join the initiative?
VISIT THE HEALTHCARE DAY OF IMMERSIVE TECH WEEK
After the LSH innovation breakfast, attend the Healthcare day of the Immersive Tech week at a reduced rate!
Use ITW-LSH010 = for 20% discount on full and day passes. For those registering for the LSH010 innovation breakfast, we have an additional discount code. This is in the confirmation email.
- Choose your ticket and click ‘buy’ (if you have chosen a day ticket, then click on the desired day).
- Above the blue bar containing your chosen ticket is ‘use promotional code’. If you click this, an option to enter one of the above discount codes will appear. Then click on ‘OK’.
- Your ticket will now appear in the list. Click on the black square with ‘+’ in it to add it to your shopping basket.
- Then click ‘next’ to continue payment.
ABOUT THE LSH010 BREAKFAST
The LSH010 breakfast encourages innovation and cooperation in the Rotterdam life sciences & health sector. The network meeting takes place at least four times a year. The presentation of a successful case, pre-initiated one-to-one meetings and a tasty and healthy breakfast are fixed components of the breakfast.