EIT Health Belgium-Netherlands - Start-up Newsletter
Thank you for your collaboration and support in 2022!
We are finalising our new EIT Health Business Creation programmes to be launched in January 2023. We will host several webinar sessions shortly to provide more details about each programme. If you know someone who would like to receive the latest information about our programmes and webinars, please forward them this newsletter and ask them to subscribe via the button below.
We would also be very happy to arrange Info Days for Entrepreneurs in late January or February to present our programmes to your network and answer any questions about EIT Health and our opportunities. If you would be willing to host an Info Day, please get in touch with us directly.
In the meantime, we wish you a happy and relaxing festive season and look forward to working with you in 2023.
In this edition…
With this newsletter, we will provide updates to the start-up and scale-up community in Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Israel. In particular, this newsletter will highlight:
- EIT Health Opportunities & Events
- News from our Network
- Upcoming Events
- Other initiatives in Benelux-Israel and Europe
EIT Health Opportunities & Events
DiGinnovation: Supporting digital health start-ups on their way to reimbursement
How do you get your digital health app reimbursed in Europe?
The EIT Health DiGinnovation Programme aims to ease the reimbursement pathway and accelerate the uptake of digital health apps by healthcare professionals and patients.
The programme pairs start-ups with a CE-marked digital health app with exclusive partners from EIT Health’s network and beyond. After forming an international consortium, start-ups receive tailored support, the opportunity to pitch in front of industry titans, and the unique chance to receive project funding.
Application deadline: 1 March 2023.
Gold Track: Accelerating the growth of massively scalable healthcare companies
What if there were someone in your life sciences network you could turn to for answers to all your questions and concerns? Someone with a proven track record of creating highly successful healthcare businesses to help you realise the true potential of your own?
Gold Track pairs promising companies with top-flight life science advisors who immerse themselves in your ideating, strategising, and operational execution to set you on a path to success. We are looking for companies in therapeutics, diagnostics, platform technologies, MedTech, or digital health who are post-seed and pre-Series A.
The next workshop will take place on 9-10 February in Portugal.
High Value Care Seminar Series
📚 EIT Health introduces its High Value Care Seminar Series!
Focusing on the practical implementation of High Value Care (HVC), these seminars aim at deep diving into specific topics related to this approach, namely:
🔎How to facilitate data sharing and what to consider when aiming for transparency in outcomes? [10 JANUARY]
🔎How to improve project multi-site Learning communities? [14 FEBRUARY]
Delivered by experts from the EIT Health HVC Forum Advisory Board and hosted by the EIT Health Academy, these sessions allow for extensive Q&A time for the limited audience to benefit from the speakers’ experience fully.
Registrations are already open; enrol for free now (limited seats available). Contact Heloise Priou for more details.
High Value Care Introduction Course
This course involves several experts involved in the implementation of High Value Care who will guide you through four modules of content and reflection around four main areas:
- Tackling the societal challenge through HVC
- Measuring what matters in HVC with continuous improvement
- Achieving payment for High Value in healthcare
- Collaborating and partnering to deliver HVC
This 10-hour online course introduces High Value Care (HVC) — specifically, how it connects innovation and society by putting outcomes that matter to patients at the centre of the transformation process.
Through videos, activities and real-case discussions taught by top European experts, you will learn how to approach HVC.
Register for this course by 6 January 2023.
HIHR-12 – Save the Date!
HIHR, in collaboration with EIT Health, organises a pitch and networking event for investment opportunities in Health. This event provides spin-offs and start-ups with the opportunity to connect to investors, corporates and KTO professionals.
The next event will take place in Antwerp on 31 May. Calls for nominations for spin-offs and start-ups interested to pitch will be announced in February.
News from our Network
Selling into the NHS
The Ireland-UK CLC has collaborated with TheHill, Oxford University Hospital’s innovation catalyser, to develop a 3-day Selling into the NHS course. This course demystifies the NHS procurement process, helping you understand who to go to and what evidence and paperwork they will expect from you. We also help you improve your institutional selling skills and put you in the best position to choose the right entry point for your product at a local, regional, or national level.
The course takes place from 7 – 9th February 2023 at Ruskin College in Oxford. The participation fee is £7,500. The deadline to apply is 31st January.
If you are interested in applying, please get in touch with Lucy Campbell for more info.
Immersive Tech Week – Showcasing EIT Health Innovations
On 1 December during Immersive Tech Week in Rotterdam, EIT Health had the pleasure to showcase seven immersive tech healthcare solutions. The application of virtual and augmented reality is revolutionising the healthcare industry and it was amazing to see what has already been achieved with these technologies. Many thanks to withVR, Labyrinth Psychotica, Crescent Med, HypnoVR, SyncVR Medical, Philips and TrainR4U for the fantastic presentations!
Scale-up Stories with moveUP
The moveUP solution combines patient feedback with standardised recovery protocols to generate daily personalised care plans and information support for outpatients. This offering provides peace of mind and convenience when monitoring patients after hospital discharge.
Hear about how moveUP scaled their healthcare solution in the video below.
23 March 2023 | Provinciehuis Leuven
Health Valley Event
30 March 2023 | Pathe Nijmegen
Innovation for Health
6 April 2023 | WTC Rotterdam
DMEA Connecting Digital Health
25-27 April 2023 | Messe Berlin
Other Initiatives in Benelux-Israel and Europe
- Zorginnovatie.nl aims to accelerate innovation in healthcare and welfare by awarding the National Healthcare Innovation Award for the most innovative company in the scale-up phase.
- Cash prizes worth €10,000 (professional jury prize) or €5,000 (public prize).
- The call closes on 4th January 2023.
- Topics for IHI calls 3 and 4 are now published.
- Registration is now open for the IHI Call Days for call 4 (18-19 January 2023).
- 4-week for market entry of MedTech companies into Mannheim, Germany
- Register now for the programme that starts on 18 January 2023
- Learn to pitch for investors, compare different forms of financing and learn who is a match for your business,
- Register by 18 January – there is only space for 10 digital product scale-ups to participate!
- €8 million in earmarked, non-dilutive funding for biotechnology, medical technology, and digital health technology innovations.
- Submit your abstract now!
- Added value through training in the 4Cs – Commercialisation, Certification, Clinical Studies and Copyright.
- Application deadline 20 January 2023.
- A 12-month Incubation Program to support you in identifying the blind spots in your business model and developing a validation strategy.
- The program is based on the Healthcare Innovation Cycle, a scientific model designed specifically for Life Science and Biotech entrepreneurs.
- Application deadline 31 January 2023.
- A FemTech community and a 9-month equity-free FemTech start-up acceleration program for companies developing innovative solutions to improve technologies relating to women’s health with international reach.
- Apply by 1 February 2023.
- Free-of-charge, first-line support to European SMEs on IP management, protection and enforcement.
- Covering six regions: China, Europe, India, Latin America, South-East Asia and Africa.
Bron: EIT Health
Datum: 23 december 2022