Life Sciences & Health Ukraine
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO), the Task Force Health Care, The embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Ukraine organise a Life Sciences and Health Care Mission to Ukraine from February 10 – 13 2020.
Ukraine is a country in eastern Europe with a population of about 42,5 million people and an area of 603,628 km2 – making it the largest country in Europe. In recent years, important health reforms have been approved by Parliament. These reforms are being implemented at great speed and promise to deliver on much-needed changes such as altering the financing incentives in primary health care, introducing a National Health Service (NHS), e-Health and making hospitals autonomous (2019). Moreover, the Ukrainian government has shown great interest in working with The Netherlands because of our position as a top performer in healthcare. On top of that, Ukraine is receiving financial support from various international organisations to improve its healthcare systems like the World Bank, the WHO, USAID, and the European Union. This provides opportunities for Dutch companies, knowledge institutes and NGOs active in healthcare. More information on the Ukrainian healthcare system can be found here.
What to expect?
The health mission will provide excellent opportunities to meet new relevant business contacts and to learn more about the Ukrainian LSH sector. You can expect the following program components during the mission.
(Please note that below items may be subject to change)
- Workshop and Introduction to the Ukrainian Healthcare sector & market
- Collective visits to relevant LSH stakeholders in Kyiv; such as the Ministry of Health, local health authorities, hospitals, etc.
- Networking reception where you can meet and invite (new) local business contacts.
- Knowledge sharing and possible cooperation with participants within the Dutch LSH Delegation.
- Match-making program (upon request).
- Presence and support from the Netherlands Embassy in Ukraine and the Task Force Health Care.
After registration, you will receive more details concerning the mission and the preparations.
Is this mission relevant for you?
The health mission is relevant for Dutch companies and knowledge institutes active in the LSH sector who want to enter or explore the Ukrainian health care market. In particular for those in the following fields:
- Medical Devices and appliances: Products, devices, disposables and equipment within the healthcare sector.
- Health Development/Knowledge/Education: Knowledge, products and services within the domains education, policy, financing, training, consultancy and advisory services to set up, improve access to, and optimise the healthcare system.
- eHealth: Products and services within the domains of information- & communication technologies which contribute to the efficiency, effectiveness and digitalisation of the healthcare sector.
- Mobility & Vitality: Products and services in the field of prevention, rehabilitation, elderly care and home care.
- Hospital Build, design and equipment: Products and services concerning the design, building, furnishing, equipping, operations and maintenance of hospitals and clinics.