The Venture Challenge is a 10-week programme to develop an initial idea – a breakthrough research result – into a solid business case. Participate and learn to build a customer value proposition, identify key risks and assumptions, develop a validation and de-risking strategy, build and pitch a Venture Plan and get connected to Life Sciences experts, investors and seasoned entrepreneurs.
Over the last 10+ years the Venture Challenge has proven to be the most successful startup programme in Therapeutics, Diagnostics and Medical Devices. See who participated in the previous Venture Challenge editions and read about the success of 10 years Venture Challenge
As of 2020 the Venture Challenge will be organised as a collaboration between NWO and Health~Holland.
How it works
The Venture Challenge consists of a series of bootcamps and coaching sessions; it takes around three months from start to finish. Guided by a dedicated team of experienced trainers and challenged by your peers and industry experts you will translate your invention into a viable business idea.
After the bootcamps and coaching sessions you will be introduced to representatives of all relevant early stage life Sciences investors and you pitch your venture to the Venture Challenge jury, consisting of seasoned entrepreneurs and investors, who will then decide who takes home the €25,000 prize money. The winner of the Venture Challenge will be publically announced at a large life sciences business conference offering great exposure.
How to enter?
- As of 2020 application for the Venture Challenge is done via the NWO website.
- After pre-screen candidates are invited for an intake interview; a maximum of 6 teams are selected to participate.
- To enter the Venture Challenge you need to have a team of at least 3 people, and participants are expected to attend both bootcamps (2 times 3 days incl. overnight stays) and the final pitch event.
- Participants pay a fee of €2000,- per team of 3 to cover materials, hotel accommodation and meals.
- For more detailed information about the application procedure visit the NWO website.
- Do you want to know more about the rest of LifeSciences@Work click here.
- Application deadline 12 January 17:00 CEST
Source: Life Sciences At Work
Date: 17 December 2020